Infertility is a common sight among men and women. It can be due to a wide range of reasons. Usually in order to treat infertility either medication is prescribed or surgery is performed. In some cases, these conventional methods do not work and hence couples have to turn towards treatments such as IVF as their last resort. IVF treatment has been regarded as highly effective worldwide.
What is IVF treatment?
In Vitro Fertilization more commonly known as IVF treatment is an assisted reproductive technology that is used to overcome infertility and for gestational surrogacy. It is a process of fertilization in which mature eggs are extracted from the female body and a sperm sample is retrieved from the male. The sperm and egg are then manually combined in a laboratory dish. The resulting embryo is then implanted in the uterus and allowed to develop.
The cost involved in IVF treatment
The cost of IVF treatment varies from one region to another. The average cost of one cycle of IVF is almost $12,000. The basic cost can be as low as $10,000 and reach up to $15,000. This cost is exclusive of the cost of medications. This cost varies from $1,500 to $3,000. There is no need to panic as many doctors such as IVF doctor in Jaipur assure their patients that there are ways to get a discount and pay less for the treatment.
Risks involved in IVF treatment
Like most medical procedures there are many potential risks involved with the process of IVF treatment. If you experience any of the symptoms, then it is advised to visit an IVF doctor in Jaipur.
- IVF treatment increases the chances of multiple births in cases when more than one embryo is implanted in the uterus.
- According to research, there is a higher risk of premature delivery and the baby may have a low birth weight.
- IVF treatment involves the use of a number of fertility drugs. The use of human chorionic gonadotrophin (HCG) can cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. This syndrome can result in ovaries that are swollen and cause pain.
- Miscarriage is more common in women who conceive with the help of IVF treatment.
- About 2 to 5 percent of women end up have an ectopic pregnancy due to IVF. In this type of pregnancy, the fertilized egg implants itself at a site other than the uterus.
- Babies born using IVF treatment have a greater risk of developing birth defects.